04 Feb How to SURGE in Business!
On January 22 I attended the First Annual Rainmakers Surge at the beautiful Flagship Enterprise Center in Anderson. Just a short 15 minute drive from the Northeast Side of Indy I can only say, “You’ve gotta see this place.”
AppleCrossing set up a vendor booth in the commons area and I had my own desk area complete with plugin for laptops or tablets and a host of speakers who had only 30 minute time slots which means they had to be on their respective games.
Through the day we all heard:
- How small business owners could get funding through Flagship’s award winning SBA Microloan program
- That the best way to sell is to get time on the stage (Travis Brown)
- All about the shift in Social Selling (Tony Scelzo)
- How to build a marketing machine (Vince Freeman)
- About paying ourselves first (Bryan Foley)
- Leadership (Bill Corley)
- How to maintain optimal health and energy (Dr. Kevin Logan)
- How to manage time (Robby Slaughter)
- Legal issues through the eyes of Yoda (Matt Griffith)
- How to persevere through the hardest of trials (Paul Estridge Jr.)
In a day that was packed full from 8 a.m. until 3:00 the most important aspect was the gathering of high energy, vision driven people trying to make a difference in not only the business climate, but the strategic outlook of Central Indiana.
We found that we had similar stories, related concerns and comparable blueprints for success. Let me be the first to advise you to make plans for next year’s event.
In the meantime, I feel a SURGE coming on!